Job Title : SCIENTIST/ENGINEER `SC'
- BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters for which results are available).
- Candidates who are slated to complete the BE/B.Tech course in the academic year 2013-14 are also eligible to apply provided final Degree is available by 31/8/2014.
Experience : Fresher
Job Description :
Selection Process :
- The candidate should have First Class with minimum 65% marks in the Qualifying Degree ie, BE/B.Tech or equivalent. Please note that this qualification prescribed is the MINIMUM requirement and the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for written test. Based on the academic performance and bio-data, initial screening will be conducted and a higher cut-off percentage may be adopted to short-list candidates for taking-up written test.
- The written test will be conducted on 26 April, 2014 [Saturday] at ten venues viz., Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram.
- However, the Organisation reserves the right to cancel/change the written test venue and re-allot the candidates to any other test centre.
- The call letters for the written test to the short- listed candidates will be sent only by e-mail during the first/second week of April 2014.
- Based on the performance in the Written Test, candidates will be short-listed for interview, the schedule and venue of which will be notified. Written test is only a first level screening and written test score will not be considered for final selection process.
- Final selection will be based on the performance of the candidates in the Interview and those who secure minimum 60% marks in the interview will be eligible for consideration for empanelment in the selection panel, in the order of merit.
Pay and Allowances:
- Selected candidates will be appointed as Scientist/Engineer'SC' in the pay band of Rs. 15600-39100 with grade pay of Rs 5400/-. The gross emoluments in the minimum of pay band will at present be approximately Rs 39,900/-p.m.
- In addition, House Rent Allowance [HRA] and Transport Allowance at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting will be paid for those who are not availing Departmental Housing and Transport facility, respectively.
- The employees will be governed by the New Pension Scheme.
- On employment in ISRO, other facilities are available such as medical facilities for self and dependants, subsidized canteen, transport allowance when official transport is not availed, limited housing facility for fresh entrants in lieu of HRA, Leave Travel Concession, Group Insurance, advances for purchase of conveyance, construction of house, etc as per Central Government orders.
- 35 years as on 13/03/2014. Ex-Serviceman and Persons with Disabilities are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders.
- The application for on-line registration will be hosted in the ISRO web-site between 20/02/2014 and 13/03/2014. Candidates may visit our web-site at www.isro.gov.in to register their applications on-line between 20/02/2014 and 13/03/2014. Applications will be received on-line only. Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference. E-mail ID of the applicant will have to be given in the application compulsorily. The on-line application has to be invariably followed-up with a 'No Objection Certificate' from the employer concerned, by those already in employment under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies, duly indicating the name and Reg. No. on the reverse.
- Payment of Application Fee : There will be an Application Fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only) for each application. After registration of application on-line, the candidates have to down-load and print the personalized payment challan form, in triplicate, from the ISRO system which will contain the Name of the candidate, Registration Number, Receipt Account Number, Advertisement No., and Post code. The candidates may visit the nearest branch of State Bank of India for remittance of application fee to Receipt Account (account number will be published in the web-site), by using the personalized payment challan of State Bank of India on any day between 20/02/2014 and 14/03/2014. The candidates may down-load and print the personalized payment challan from the ISRO system on any day between 20/02/2014 and 13/03/2014 and remit the application fee before the prescribed last date i.e, 14/03/2014. Upon remittance of the application fee, one copy of the challan form will be retained by State Bank [Bank copy] and remaining two parts will be given to the candidate. Out of the two challan parts, the candidate has to send one part of the challan form [ISRO copy] to Head, P & GA (ICRB), ISRO Headquarters, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road, Bangalore - 560094 by post superscribing on the envelope "ICRB - RECRUITMENT OF SCIENTIST/ENGINEER" within 7 days of filing of application and in any case not later than 21/03/2014. The remaining copy of challan form [Applicant copy] shall be retained by the candidate for future reference. The payment shall be made through cash deposit only. Payment of Application fee in any other form like cash, cheque, draft, money order, IPO, etc, are not allowed. Applications in respect of which copy of challan form, after remittance of prescribed application fee [ISRO copy] is not received in ISRO HQ, Bangalore on or before 21/03/2014, will not be considered for further processing under any circumstances.
- Women candidates/Scheduled Castes (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST); Ex-serviceman [EX] and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee. However, after registration of application on-line, the candidates have to down-load and print the personalized registration confirmation form, in duplicate, from the ISRO system which will contain the Name of the candidate, Registration Number, Advertisement No., and Post code. Out of the two personalized registration confirmation form, the candidates have to send one part of the form [ISRO copy] alongwith a certificate indicated against each category, as below, to the Head, P & GA (ICRB) , ISRO HQ, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road, Bangalore - 560 094 by post superscribing on the envelope "ICRB - RECRUTMENT OF SCIENTIST/ENGINEER" within 7 days of filing of application and in any case not later than 21/03/2014. The remaining copy of registration confirmation form [Applicant copy] shall be retained by the candidate for future reference.
- Applications of candidates claiming Women/SC/ST/PWD status and therefore exemption from payment of Application Fee will be considered only if the certificate, as above, is received within 7 days of filing of application on-line and in any case not later than 21/03/2014. The candidates who are already employed under Central/State Govt/PSU/Autonomous Bodies have to send a 'No Objection Certificate' from the employer concerned, duly indicating their Registration Number and Post Code to the Head, P & GA [ICRB], ISRO Headquarters, Bangalore within seven days of filing the applications on-line by the candidates and in any case not later than 21/03/2014.